Firestone RubberGard EPDM
- Superior durability and longevity
Due to its composition, Firestone RubberGard EPDM membranes offer unmatched resistance to ozone, UV radiation and extreme temperatures. As the membrane does not contain any plasticizers or flame retardants, its characteristics remain stable and unchanged over time. Studies show a life expectancy of more than 50 years.
- Quick and easy installation
Firestone RubberGard EPDM is available in large seamless sheets up to 15.25 m wide and 61 m long (930 m²), resulting in fewer field seams for large surfaces and short installation times. Additionally, Firestone’s QuickSeam Tape technology provides a proven field seaming solution without requiring special tools.
- High flexibility and elongation
Firestone RubberGard EPDM remains highly flexible even at temperatures down to -45°C, enabling year round installation. The membrane can also elongate over 300% to accommodate building movements and temperature fluctuations.
- Low-life cycle costs
Firestone RubberGard requires little or no maintenance. If needed, RubberGard EPDM membranes can be easily repaired using the Firestone QuickSeam Tape products, even after decades of service. This feature, combined with the inherent durability and competitive installed cost of RubberGard EPDM roofing systems, result in a very low life-cycle costs.
- Sustainable roofing solution
Firestone RubberGard EPDM is an inert material with limited environmental impact during manufacturing and use. No toxic substances are released during and after installation of the membrane, allowing collection and use of run-off rainwater for domestic use. Firestone RubberGard EPDM can also be recycled and re-used in e.g. walkway pads. In addition, Firestone’s EPDM manufacturing facilities have received ISO 14001 certification, a testimony of the company’s commitment to environmental management.
- Compatible with extensive green roof & photovoltaic installations
Having successfully passed the FLL test for resistance to root penetration on extensive green roofs, Firestone RubberGard EPDM is an ideal membrane for combination with extensive green roofing systems, using lightweight and low maintenance sedum vegetation. The Firestone RubberGard EDPM membrane can easily be combined with any type of PV installation due to its high temperature resistance, wear and tear resistance and unmatched life expectancy.
Rubberbond Fleeceback EPDM
- Superior strength of the 2.6mm thick RubberBond FleeceBack offers 40% greater puncture resistance and 180% greater tear resistance than 1.52mm EPDM
- Durable – 30 year old roofs tested and performing like new
- BBA Approved membrane
- NHBC accepted waterproofing system
- Achieves highest European fire ratings
- Technology of Factory Applied Tape (FAT™)
- Range of warranties available – Including Insurance Backed Guarantees
- Ideal for overlayment of existing surface, complete renewal or new build projects
- 67% fewer seams than Modified Bitumen with 3.05m sheet
- Will not tear, split or crack
- Does not become brittle or degrade with age
- Safe – no heat or welding during installation
- Low odour and noise – great for re-roofing occupied buildings
- Does not shrink – a quality that standard EPDM can’t offer
- No requirement for Base Tie in or Peel Stop
- Easily seamed to other materials & roofing systems
- Ultra violet and ozone resistant
- Highly weather resistant
- Superior looking flat roof membrane
- Tough enough to walk on
- Easily bends with no stress to follow the details of the roof
- Over 1 Billion square meters installed Worldwide
- Nationwide network of approved local EPDM roofing installers