RubberBond FleeceBack™ EPDM is the ideal roofing membrane for your domestic or commercial flat roofing project. Whether you have a leaky flat roof in need of repair or are in search of an entirely new roofing system, RubberBond is the perfect single-ply membrane for the job.
Manufactured by world leaders in flat roofing technology Carlisle-Syntec USA, who pioneered EPDM roofing membranes over 50 years ago, RubberBond FleeceBack has established a record of superior product durability and long-term weather resistance. RubberBond FleeceBack is regularly specified for many different types of projects of varying size, degree of complexity and type of property from simple garages, whole houses to large commercial properties across both public & private sectors.
The unique fleece backing allows easy installation to a variety of deck surfaces resulting in a system suitable for overlayment of existing surfaces, roof renovation, new projects, domestic roofing or industrial installation. It is also the perfect waterproofing layer for green roofs and terraces and has a complete of accessories from paving support discs to drainage outlets extending it’s exceptional performance and adaptability.
Standard EPDM is one non reinforced layer of EPDM, RubberBond FleeceBack EPDM comprising of two layers laminated together, the waterproofing 1.14mm thick EPDM membrane bonded to a strong 1.4mm deep polyester fleece backing on the underside of the waterproofing membrane.
Giving the exceptional strength, aging resistant and waterproofing characteristics of EPDM, with the added tough, reinforcing fleece backing. Providing the architect, roofing contractor and building owner with an outstanding and superior flat roofing system.
The EPDM layer
– Repels all moisture, snow and weather conditions.
– Is flexible and easily bends with no stress, to follow the contours of the roof, upstands to walls, check curb edges
– Can stretch with up to 300% elongation, which easily accommodates building movement.
– Is not affected by extremes of temperature.
– Will not tear, split or crack with age.
The FleeceBack layer creates
– A thicker stronger product, over twice the thickness of standard EPDM
– 180% greater tear & 60% greater impact resistance than commercial grade 1.5mm EPDM
– There is no shrinkage or stress to cause leaks at laps, flashings, up stands or other angle changes or penetrations
– A cushioning layer, specifically designed for use over existing surfaces
– Superior wind uplift resistance due to the excellent strength achieved between the adhesive and the fleece layer
– Greater bond strength achieved with FleeceBack compared to standard EPDM
– Standard single ply materials such as PVC,
TPO & EPDM membranes that don’t incorporate a fleece backing will, overtime, try and shrink by up to 10%. The FleeceBack EPDM stops this shrinkage problem.